Become a member of Tamar & Tavy Gig Club
3 trial sessions for all new rowers!
We are always keen to welcome new rowers, whether to keep fit, compete or just enjoy the tranquillity of the River Tamar. Join us at Weir Quay, enjoy 3 free taster sessions and take part in the fastest growing sport in the West Country!
We offer several choices of squads to suit everyone;
- Social rowing – a more relaxed bimble on the river (bring snacks), usually meeting Monday mornings, Wednesday Evenings and Saturday mid morning.
- Mens Training – Usually meeting Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings.
- Ladies Training – Usually meeting Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Mixed Rowing – We like to get together anyone who wants to on a Thursday evening during the Summer, mix up the crews and have some friendly competition. We also do many longer excursions throughout the year to local points of interest, previous trips have included visits to The Olde Plough, Bere Ferrers, Lopwell Dam, The Tamar Inn, Calstock, Morwellham Quay and Calstock Steamboat Rally.
- Juniors – Friday evenings is Juniors night throughout the Summer, some training and racing available through the Winter.
Learn to Row courses – non-members welcome!
The Tamar and Tavy Gig Rowing Club are pleased to offer a four week ‘Learn to Row’ courses designed specifically for beginners and those who are interested in taking part in one of the South West’s fastest growing sports. We are currently training a further two coaches to meet the growing need & whilst we may not have the sleek, fine boats used by our British Rowing colleagues in London 2012 we do have three beautiful gig boats – two of which are built to the traditional Cornish designs – 32ft long with a 4ft 10in beam, made of elm.
If you are interested in joining us, or coming along to one of our other sessions to have a go, please contact us through the form below
Why not give Tamar & Tavy Gig Club a try with our FREE taster sessions?
We are always keen to welcome new rowers, whether to keep fit, compete or just enjoy the tranquility of the River Tamar. Join us at Weir Quay, enjoy 3 free taster sessions and partake in the fastest growing sport in the West Country!
Now become a member!
Once you’ve had your free taster sessions we’d love to welcome you as a full member of the Club.
The costs for membership are as follows:
Full membership: £150
Adult plus one Junior: £170
Junior membership: £30
Student (full time) membership: £50
Friends of Tamar & Tavy Gig Club: £30
To enquire about membership please contact Mel Cotton, our Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org